Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Getting rid of dark spots left from insect bites?

On a recent vacation, I was practically eaten alive by some kind of insect. Those bites produced a lot of irritated welts. The welts have been replaced by dark spots on my legs. The 20-some odd marks are very noticeable and ugly. I think (hope) they will fade away over time but I would like to quicken that process. I'm used to the skin on my legs being flawless. What can I put on these spots? A fade cream? Cocoa butter? Vitamin E? Anything?Getting rid of dark spots left from insect bites?
I totally understand what you mean.


Recently, we had a swarm of a different kind of mosquitos come around our area.They left very noticeable scars on my legs/feet as well.


It took some time for these to fade away since all mosquito bites are different. Either way, all bites should be treated the same.


You should put some type of moisturizer on these spots.


Exfoliate your skin with the right bathing soap when taking a shower (Dove is a great one!)


and scrub with a loofa on the bites.


Don't scratch the bite though, scratch around the area.


Try using Nivea Whitening lotion, that should help in its best way.


Good luck !


Getting rid of dark spots left from insect bites?
Cocoa butter and vitamin E are great :] my mom and i used to use it alot and it really worked. You have to apply them every night of course until you see the effect. Anyways I had the same problem. Went to the beach once and at night this insects (tiny and black) called mahes in spanish bit me. I was literally covered with welts all over my legs. There wasnt a spot where there wouldnt be one. Later I got the stains like you. They looked horrible :[ they went ago after some time though and i used to put on those. Good luck! :)
Your best bet is to go to a dermatologist and have them diagnose the welts. They do not sound like your normal gnat bite. If you have that many of them on your legs, see the doctor first, just for piece of mind.


Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment