Sunday, July 25, 2010

Is there a link between bad skin and spots and eating chocolate excessively?

I know scientists always say there isn't, but many people say they think there is because they always get them after eating it. I have noticed that I don't get spots when I don't eat it and when I do eat, I eat probably the big Dairy Milk, one a day for a week and I got spots all over, the worst kinds that change colour and they hurt and go red. Does this happen to anyone else?





There does seem to be a link. It doesn't happen with a bit of chocolate, but when you eat alot in a short space of time.Is there a link between bad skin and spots and eating chocolate excessively?
It could be the type of chocolate; dark chocolate is actually meant to be quite good for you as it has lots of iron in it.... at least that what I tell myself as an excuse to eat tonnes of the stuff!Is there a link between bad skin and spots and eating chocolate excessively?
NO..stress and bad diet have that effect. and by bad diet I mean too many sugars and crap , like fast food. The food itself doesn't do it, overall bad health does. You must have vitamin c in your diet.
i dont think there is as am 27 and have eaten 2 bars of choc (milk) Every day since i was about 18 and has not affected my skin or weight. it depends on skin types maybe.
Yes, nutrition experts say that the skin metabolism has nothing to do with the rest of the body, thus, eating has nothing to do with it. but.....





I've also has some spots after eating chocolate or nuts, so I try to avoid them.





My advice to you is to have a healthy and balanced diet, this means you can eat whatever you like but in a moderate way.
most likely you have a dairy allergy..


try eating real chocolate
what you put inside you will effect the outside of you!


that's my motto, chocs, fat foods, cigs, drugs booze etc, they are all a contributing factor on how you look!
I large amount of change is sugar in your diet is notorious for spots. If you like chocolate it small amount regularly and eventually your body will compensate and it will stop.





If you want a quick answer eat no sugar chocolate and prove me right by not getting spots.
You are probably allergic to some part of the chocolate, or the milk in it... I don't get skin spots but it gives me a runny nose.
Yes.It hypes your blood like caffeine.They can make your skin


scalp itchy,so you touch.
i read in a healthy eatin book ....that eatin chocs does not \actualli give u spots ..so its a myth
chocolate in itself does not cause skin problems but a something that greatly does is dairy products! 60% of people who drink a glass of milk 2x a day have acne as opposed to the ones who dont
no, chocolate as in by itself doesn't cause acne or any other skin problems- added sugar in candy can cause breakouts (doesn't affect weight, cause cavities or raise cholesterol either)


alot of candy bars have low cocoa content and sugar added, hydrogenated oil, corn syrup and milk fat %26amp; some of that is what isn't good, especially eating it often (just eat a little bit a day)- there's some pure chocolate bars that don't have that stuff


look at ingredients and nutrition info, dark chocolate is the most healthy, but if u only like milk get natural kinds, the higher cocoa content the healthier it is


these are good if u want cheaper store kinds......


Hershey Cocoa Reserve and Extra dark


Paul Newmans


Chocolove


Endangered Species





i have lots more if u want some
yes your completly right i find that happens to me please email me if you find a cure as i love chocolate.thanx hun kate9701@hotmail.co.uk x
Hell no, The top of my food pyramid lists chocolate as a food group and even as a teenager I never had any difficulty with dermatological problems. Not spots, wrinkling, pimples, the only problem was the stupid smile on my face after eating a dove bar. ENJOY
nope, not unless you have an allergy or intolerance. it may also be stress which can take up to a month to show on your skin
To me, the connection is likely the high fat content of most chocolate. Anything -- ANYTHING -- with a high fat level can mess up your skin, if you are at all susceptible.
They're not connected but if you eat 250g in one day for a week there's a good chance something is going to happen. Maybe you're allergic to milk.
there is, whenever i have a choclate bar i almost always get a spot or 2...definite link there.
It could be that you get chocolate cravings that time of the month, and your skin could be effected by your hormones at that time as well. Or maybe it is the chocolate after all.
there is'nt any link, it is probably a myth, so dont you worry, maybe spots on your face is from the enviroment
I am afraid so, cheer up you are not alone, everything I enjoy is either fattening or illegal !
yeap, but also bad skin is hederetary
only if it melts in your hands not in your mouth;)





i think chocolate has a chemical compound that, like some drugs, is filtered by the liver. if this is true, that would lead me to deduce that there is something about your liver that reacts to the chemical compounds in chocolate.


This also would explain why ';they';, call skin spots on elderly people...liver spots.


this is in no way backed up by any scientific evidence, its just some random thoughts by someone with limited knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment